Monday 29 July 2013

Side Quest 003: {Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo} Gather Ideas and Inspiration from Anime - In Progress

Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo is an Anime Movie. It is a Adventure Drama.

The movie is about a young girl meeting a mysterious boy who saves her from a dangerous situation. That's all I can really say about the story without spoiling oh and she has a cute little pet!

The theme of the anime is Life and Death. The Anime is portraying a journey to find oneself and teaching the characters and the audience of the concept of Life and Death.

I quite enjoyed it, a big change from typical Anime tropes. I mostly liked how they portrayed the importance of everything rather than ignore minor characters.

What I learnt from this film is that when making stories, every character should have their own, no matter how minor of a character they are, although that's what this anime made me think, I don't think its shown as much in the film but all of the important character's development were explained well during the movie.

I guess I'd give this 8/10
I recommend to those who want a change of pace in Anime. Note that I haven't seen all of Studio Ghibili's films and I've seen 1 or 2 of em back in high school for a class and they felt similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment